Diagnosis
07/2017
Country
US
State
OR
City
Southern Oregon
It’s been one of those days. iPad had fallen below lift chair. Unfortunately I activated the chair without knowing where the iPad was. The result is shown below — bent frame and cracked screen. But it still works! Fortunately I think it can be repaired. Beware things falling beneath the lift chair.

Attachments

• DB31623F-4A02-430E-B5C1-02781253A9C8.jpeg
    DB31623F-4A02-430E-B5C1-02781253A9C8.jpeg
    297.6 KB · Views: 190
Oh no! That's too bad. I've been terrified about the cat going spelunking under the chair and me obliviously moving it and never even thought about the damage to inanimate objects. I hope it's a simple and inexpensive fix!

Yes, my dog likes to wedge herself next to the chair. Very important to know where your pets, kids, and electronics are when you go up and down on that chair. Hence the warning.

Newbie with a lift chair. Just arrived last week to the new condo....waited for the move to take place. Question: Do you leave the chair up after getting out or put it down each and every time? Not sure if it is good for the mechanisms to leave it up.

Cathy

I have been leaving it up.

I leave mine up. I'm an impatient person and I get bored waiting for the thing to go up and down- it takes foreeeever.

This sounds like one of those on-line quizzes.

Leave chair up: you’re impatient and spontaneous. You laugh in the face of order. Chaos theory sounds good to you.

Put chair down: You completed toilet training at a later age than your peers. You have your clothes arranged by color in your closet. You are either an engineer or a school teacher.

After dropping lots of stuff, I bought my last iPad and iPhone with both Apple Support and damage insurance.

I always worry about Ace being under the lift chair because that's where I eat and he immediately cleans off the chair and floor of anything that might have dropped.

FWIW, I have my clothes arranged in order of function. The only shoes I can wear are running sneakers and sketchers. I have the sketchers in two sizes, one for barefoot and the other for socks. It was so hard to give away my ECCO sandals because they were my go-to shoes when I wasn't working out. I did keep a couple of pairs in case I can still wear them when I'm in my chair full time.

I've had my lift chair since February 2016 (thank you Laurie.) What a difference it has made in my life. I don't use the actual lift function but I can feel it's coming soon as my back muscles are weakening and I have a lot of pain in my legs.

This sounds like one of those on-line quizzes.

Leave chair up: you’re impatient and spontaneous. You laugh in the face of order. Chaos theory sounds good to you.

Put chair down: You completed toilet training at a later age than your peers. You have your clothes arranged by color in your closet. You are either an engineer or a school teacher.

Karen,
I am a "put the chair down person" who has closet organized by colors and spice cabinet alphabetically arranged until my husband and son took over all the cooking. I also used to vacume the garage floor once a week.

Cathy (Retired schoolteacher)

oh no!

I only use my lift chair as a recliner. When I try to use it to lift me into a standing position it makes me fall! the exact opposite of the point! so we quickly gave up on that!

Karen, im always scared of injuring our cat if she were under it when I lowered the foot rest. I always check where she is first.

We left the chair up so it was ready for Chris when he wanted it during the day - I didn't have to rush around getting it ready. Except at night I must be a bit OCD because I would put it down over night once I had him settled in bed (chair and bed in the same room). In the morning, when he got up and the room was tidied after his breakfast, I would put the chair up ready for whenever he wanted to come in.
Funny, until now, I didn't really give a thought to that as being part of my daily routine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back