Diagnosis
01/2018
Country
US
State
Idaho
City
Leadore
One of my most enjoyable things has always been very thick, lovely hair. I started using my BiPap in December. Because I am Bulbar onset, I also need a chin strap in order to keep my mouth closed. In the last two months my hair in the front has thinned horribly. I can see scalp most days. Does anyone else have this issue? And if so, any suggestions or ideas that might help this problem? My appearance is poor anyway because my mouth is crooked and doesn’t close. I’m in my mid seventies and have never had to wear makeup or curl my hair. I have always been able to be presentable. There is no way I’m going to give up my BiPap! It is a wonderful tool that allows me to sleep so well. But I would appreciate any suggestions

I can’t think of how hair thinning would be associated with the BiPAP.

ooh, that stinks! My bipap strap has given me a new cowlick across the top of my head, but no noticeable hair loss.

If you're taking Baclofen, that can cause hair thinning. It was noticeable to me when I was taking it- my forehead got a bit higher and the hair around my temples thinned a fair amount.

So sorry you're experiencing this.

I am taking Baclofen! That makes more sense. I see my neurologist at UCSF mid August. I’m not that vain, but if there is something else we could sub for that, would sure be willing to try it! Thanks for responding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back