Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

  • Hey Steve,
    Wondering how you and your lovely wife are doing! I'll send you our e-mail on pm (private message) and hope we can chat soon. any fun plans for the holidays? We hope to drive and look at some lights in the next week! Jim has a cold and hasn't felt very "rested" in the past couple days. I'll try some homemade soup on him today! Blessings to you and your family!
    Hi Steve,

    I'm new here, but I saw your recent post at PLM (“Considering leaving”, etc.). You cleared up some confusion for me about ALS websites.

    Thanks for the help, and some good writing!

    Steve, I don't log in everyday either. I did today though. To update you my husband is going for the 2nd. opinion this up coming week in Morgantown. We are scared which is to be expected. So until our 2nd. opinion please pray for us as I am praying for you and your family. Thanks Debbie
    Steve, your pictures from the trips to Hawaii and Alaska, as well as the family group are lovely--you have made memories. I hope that you're doing well! It was most thoughtful of you to post a message on my page. Smile. Ann
    I don't login here everyday, but I'm happy I did today so I don't make you wait too long for a response.

    I'm sorry to hear about your situation, and wish I could say or do something to make it better. I can understand your husband's denial, but I think you are doing the right thing to strongly encourage him to get a second opinion. For me the "not knowing" was very hard, and getting a definitive answer was a help, even when it wasn't the answer I wanted. There are still possibilities other than ALS for your husband, and for many of these, the earlier it is identified the better his prognosis will be. Either way he will want to have the courage to confront this for the sake of you and your daughters. Let him know that you believe in him, and that you will be there for him no matter what, and I believe he will come around.

    My best wishes for all of you,
    Steve, I'm sorry I had to post 3 times to say everything I wanted to I hope you will be patient with me and I hope to hear some advise from you soon. God Bless you and your family Deborah
    My husband does not want to he thinks the doctor is wrong. My question to you is before your second opinion how far did you let yours get or did you get a second opinion immediately and what is the best advise you could give me his wife on how I can best support him in his state of denial that anything is wrong? I'm scared that he is going to fall again and possibly break a bone before he gets even a second opinion, and I've told him you can either walk to another doctor to get a second opinion or be wheeled in your choice. Am I being to harsh? Should I not say or suggest anything? I'm scared because we have 3 young girls ages 6, 8 and 10. Do you have any advise for me that will benefit my husband, our family? Deborah
    Thank you so much just for reading my post and my prayers and thoughts are with you, your family and for everyone here on GODS earth who are suffering with any and all pain, diseases etc. God Bless you and be with you. Thank you
    His knees both of them hurt, he has muscle damage in his right ankle which he blames the bike for. Exercise bike in our basement. He has been dragging his feet for approx. 6 months. His doctor told him he is through testing him he believes through his testing, bloodwork EMG etc. that the test strongly suggest ALS. He suggest we get a second opinion.
    hi Steve my name is Deborah. My husband turned 50 this past November. He has had one EMG of the lower and upper extremeities, a MRI his doctor has also done other test in his office besides the EMG, he has had 2 seperate bloodwork done one to rule out vitamin defieciences and more blood work to rule out other things. His muscle loss is in his right hand between his forefinger and thumb. He is unable to sign his name now or to hold his coffee cup very well in his right hand.
    Thanks, Charlotte. I'm just waiting for the other shoe (foot?) to drop. I know that you saw my last update to my "A Hopeful Update" thread. Not so hopeful, and nothing much has changed since then (I haven't seen a doctor again, and won't until Dec 21). But, as my doctor and many here have suggested, I'm trying to focus on the (relatively) good news that my symptoms are progressing quite slowly.
    Thank you. It may be awhile b4 I have any answers but that's okay, I figure if it's bad news @ least I will be avoiding it. haha It will be interesting 2 C if my GP has the results from my Lyme test when I C her in 2 weeks which I doubt as it is sent out of province. I realise it isn't a definitive test but I feel better when I cross another ailment off the list :) It least it sort off feels like progression. Hopefully your next appt takes you by surprise & you can do the same. Docs really do toy with your emotions...I say they should figure it out or say they can't & send you where someone can but instead they throw you around from one place to another for so long and everyone has a different oppinion but will never admit "they don't know"
    I will be thinking of you :)
    I hate to say I told you so, but I think I told you so? They just didn't seem to have enough information.
    Happy for you Bachs!How does it feel to be a pin cushion.Probably great after that news!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…