It has been some time since I have been here. My mom was formally diagnosed on Dec. 3, 2012. What has propmted me to the site, and please forgive me, I know we need to remain positive, however I know the inevitable. Trying to decide if we should take leave and be with her 24 hours. Everyone says go with your gut.I can see her health is declining rapidly. Her blood pressure is down, her mobility is worsening, her feedings have slowed, she sleeps all the time. Her feet have begun to swell. I know this is hard for everyone, and no one wants to talk about death. I just need to know from someone that has been there, is this what we are looking at? Is my gut correct? I know every case is different, I think I just need to hear what others have experienced.