The following guides, tutorials, manuals and fact sheets are here for your use. Each material deals with issues involved with ALS patient care, technology and coping strategies.
If you have an item you'd like listed on this page please contact us.
Guidelines for Speech and Voice Banking
- Authored by: Assistive Technology Clinic
- Download in English
- Guide to ALS Patient Care For Primary Care Physicians
- Coping with Grief Strategies for People Living with ALS
What is covered in the Manual?
- An overview of ALS, signs and symptoms, research status
- Tips and tools for persons with ALS and family caregivers
- Where to go for help and support (local support information can be obtained from provincial ALS Societies)
- Disease management information about who makes up the ALS health-care team, mobility and independence, swallowing and nutrition, speech and communication, breathing and lung function, oral care, end-of-life issues, and advance-care planning
- Assistive equipment and activities of daily living
- Legal and financial considerations
- Education and support resources