Diagnosis
04/2009
Country
NL
State
zuid holland
City
Naaldwijk
Hi all, i'm new on this forum. i'm usually on plm.
My name is Hans koch, i'm 48 years of age, living in Naaldwijk, The Netherlands. I was diagnosed last april after app 1,2 years of having trouble with my right leg. So i have ALS or as i prefer to call it Stephen Hawkings disease, almost 2 years now. I'm lucky because it seems to progress a bit slow with me. I blame my relatively high bodymass and a somewhat higher cholesterol for that. :cool:
I couldn't cope with the message "come back in half a year and we'll see how you're doing" so i did a big search on things that were still possible. During this i met 5 others who have the same interest and now we are going to participate in a phse III stemcelltrial in Monterrey Mexico. you may have heard of this. the first two of my group were there the last 2 weeks. I'll be there the 12th of november.
Our decision was made after carefull consideration and study. Not hope, we have that all the time ;-)
All this studying has really raised my interest. Though the reason for it is a sad one, i find it all just very amazing stuff. Also my neuro says i actually know more about this than he does (which is really not so difficult, he knows some about many things, i know little on just one subject) which has triggered me to consider going back to university again and study biomedics. But first i want to learn to play my guitar a little more, maybe after that i'll pick up the study in the beginning of the new academic year.

Well, i hope this is considered a proper introduction.

Best regards from The Netherlands
Hans

Hello Hans welcome to the forum, sorry that you have to be here. Keep on plucking those guitar strings and have a good time in Mexico.

PS, Do you wand to be on our map? Just let me know and I'll pin you.
Hinton, AB - Google Maps

Barry

Hi Hans,
Welcome to ALS forums, I think you might have known my friend George from France? He passed away, but I am pretty sure he might have mentioned you.. I love that. Stephen Hawkings disease. So funny, that is one I have never heard, but I really like it. My son's who is fourteen buddies all know who Stephen H. they know they talk about him on a lot of the shows they watch and such.

Welcome, Hans! Good to have you onboard.

Zaphoon

WELCOME Hans! I suspect it the CURE will come from one of our PALS-so you go back and get that degree! Good luck in Mexico.

Hello everyone!
i am aami,.. I am new to the forum.
welcome to all here.,,, I know that forums are a good place to learn and interact with other people , so that People can share their experience with eachother.

hi , so sorry you have to be here, ... see you had it 22 yrs you could probley tell us a thing or two , lol ... you will find a great crew of people here ... welcome

Hi Hans, I'm familiar with you from PLM, and congratulations on your new marriage with Eva. I hope that you do get your degree in biomedics and find a cure. Meanwhile, all the best as you go to Mexico. Welcome to the forum.
Ann

Hello every one my name is Dorene, But my close friends callme reenie . wow ! I have ALS for 5years and have always keep it an secert, cus of being scard like iam now . I need friends so maybe someone can say hy to me or give me a smile than i can talk about thanks for letting me find this site:sad::sad:

hi Dorene - sorry you have to be here we have a lot of wonderful people you can come here to learn how others are coping , we have 2 post one for when we are angry and another what makes me happy , we also have at the pub with pz ... and you can ask any question's by post .... and i would love to be your friend . can you tell me a little about yourself.. age , family ,what ever you would like us to know ..... must of been hard to carry this by yourself for so long .
my name is Ruthie i am 58 years old it is my son who has a.l.s. he is 38 now and , going downhill but , he is not down . he carries himself well and still has his great smile and attitude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back