Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
AL
City
Pell City
Hello Everyone I have been a member for a little over a week and I haven't introduced myself yet. My name is Debra and I don't have ALS but I was the caretaker for my precious mother that had ALS. I took care of her for two years and stood by her bedside. She went to the doctor after having twitches and her muscles drawing. She had to go to three doctors before they would even believe her that something was wrong and she was not imagining things. After the third doctor he said he k.ew what she had but ran several test to find out for sure before he said anything. We had never heard of ALS but she found out in 2001 and she left me in 2004 the day before my birthday. I was hoping everyone would be ok with me being a member here. I know I don't have ALS but I want to be apart of the forum to help others and enjoy talking. I look forward to getting to know the members here on the forum. :) Thank you Debra

Welcome! Sorry about your mother. Thank you for being willing to join our group and share your experiences and wisdom. We look forward to hearing from you!

Welcome. Sorry to hear about your mom. i am sure your experience will be valuable to those who are just starting or still fighting our journey

Hi Debra,

Welcome to the site. Belated condolences for your Mom's passing. You are perfectly welcome here, as you already have been there, done that.

Feel free to join in , everyone is welcome.

Glen

welcome it is good to have you here and so sorry about your mom that brings you here...and as they have said you have valuable input and maybe some how we can help you ease the pain you went Thur and probably missing your mom

Debra, welcome to the forum family and I am very sorry about your mom. We are here for anyone who is or has been affected by this awful disease so you are already a valuable member and I look forward to your help and friendship.

Barry

Hi Debra, I am very sorry to hear about your mom. Please accept my belated sympathies and welcome to the forum. It is a great resource of information and the people here are amazing.

Rosella

Hi Debra, sorry on the loss of your mom. Welcome to the forum. The people here are very friendly. They are or have been affected by ALS in different ways. Hope we can help to ease the pain of your loss.
Colleen

Hi Debra! Jump in! Glad to have you!

You have made me feel so welcome and I am so honored, thank you very much. I am looking forward to spending time with all the members here on the forum Hugs to you all .....

Glad to have you.. You are a sweetie...:lol::lol::lol:

Ooooo ... and she gives HUGS too !

I am the kind of person that gets close to people real easy. I have a big heart and I am a very sentimental person. I used to go to a psychologist years ago with my x husband , he had severe panic attacks and I had to learn how to treat his sickness at home. The doctor said he was more worried about me than him , LOL . He said I was the type that looked through rose colored glass and I seen no wrong in anyone. I guess that best describes me. I forgive easy, I love with a deep heart. So yes, I give hugs to my friends LOL . I will tend to get close to the people on this forum. I appreciate everyone making me feel welcome and you too glenbrittle LOL . I am just kidding. Thanks everyone :) Hugs Debra

Welcome Debra and sorry about the loss of your Momma. PALS and CALS need all the proactive support that we can get! Have you joined the ALS ADVOCACY? Please do and help me write/email the letters! :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back