Diagnosis
07/2009
Country
CA
State
Alberta
City
Edmonton
I have just had an EMG and it showed damage all over, the diagphram is also effected but they will not say 100% ALS untill second emg., is this normal.I will be having MRI next week.

Welcome, wait for the next emg. and just real and get to know the forum. Whatever happens we will be here for questions and concerns.

It is fairly normal. They like the MRI and a few other tests to rule out every other possibility first. I'd say don't worry yet but I know you will. Anyway, welcome but sorry for your worries.

AL.

Welcome to the forum blackpool.

Blackpool,

Al is spot on! The doctors have a battery of testing they do, often repeating some of the tests before coming to a diagnosis of ALS. There are just too many other possibilities out there.

In the case of ALS, it is better to take the attitude of making the medical folk prove it to you. Another way to look at things regarding an ALS diagnosed is, "It can always be something else until it just can't be anything else."

Let them exhaust the testing/rule-out procedures first. Until then, why not just sit back and enjoy the show!:)

Zaphoon

Thank you all for your encouragement ,Gramps you hit the nail on the head I will still worry . You are all a great bunch of people. I will take Zaphoons advice.

Blackpool,
I am new to posting, also. I have been reading this forum for about 10 months---the people here seem so wonderful----a really caring group. I am so sorry to hear of your worries--think positive---you may get good news!
Sophiaa

Sophiaa,

Welcome to the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back