Diagnosis
12/2008
Country
US
State
CA
City
Sunnyvale
Hi ... my name is Abhay. My mother has been recently diagnosed with MND (bulbar). We are from India. In last 2-3 weeks, I went through a lot of sites including Eric's site. Then I landed here and read a lot of posts about several such scams. We are also considering alternative treatment. I discussed it with Dr. N H Wadia who is considered one of the best neurologists in India. He told me that he personally doesn't know if ayurvedic treatment helps or not in such cases but he doesn't discourage it since ayurvedic treatment doesn't harm in anyway and it can be taken along with allopathy medicines.

We are considering two Ayurvedic centers in India and I was looking for some reviews/information here in the forum. One is "Charaka institute of ayurvedic research" in Hyderabad and other is "Arya Vaidya Sala" in Kerala. I was wondering if anyone has tried these and have experiences to share.

Thanks a lot,
Abhay

Hello Abhay, welcome but I am sorry for your mom's condition. Yes Eric is a scam. While we have not discussed the Institute you mention, most of us have found that places wanting you to come and spend large amounts of money there on treatments for multiple disorders are usually bogus. There are probably merits to some of the herbs used but they will not cure your mom. They may make her feel better for a short while but at what cost?

AL.

Welcome Abhay.. Great place to be.. and lots of people here with great knowledge.. I am sorry for the reason you are here, but happy you found this place..

Ayurveda and MND

Hello Abhay,

My father has recently been diagnosed with MND, I came across your post and Charaka in Hyderabad, is there any additional information that you can share with me.

Thank you.

I do not have much information about Charaka yet though I talked to Dr. chandrashekhar over phone few times. I am considering taking my mother to Arya Vaidya Sala which is a very reputed organization. Will certainly update you when I have more info.

hi abhay,
I am in the same situation as you were and the only option for me is charaka or arya vaidya sala. Did u take ur mom to any of these places or is der any other treatment going on?

regds,
Chetan

The update from Abhay from July:

"Just for an update: My mother visited the clinic again this week. We paid total $40 for fee and medicines for next two months. Next appointment is again in September. We haven't observed any noticeable difference yet in her speech. One positive thing that we have noticed is now her diet has improved compared to earlier. "

If you click on the user name you should be able to see all the messages they posted. D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back