Distinguished member
Country
US
State
OK
City
Glenpool
Hello!

I'm new to this forum, obviously. My mom first experienced ALS symptoms in July 08. She was diagnosed in Nov 08 and sadly passed away just two weeks ago in Mar 09 at the age of 51 only 4 months after diagnosis. I live in Oklahoma, but spent the last three months in Iowa taking care of my mom. It was the hardest, best, and worst three months of my life. I am so thankful for having the opportunity to be with her and there for her. I miss her more than words can express and still think about her every minute of every day.

I knew of this forum but never really had time to spend here. Mom's illness progress SO fast and she required so much care that I didn't really have free time for the net or much of anything really. I am back in the office now and for the past week have been perusing the posts when I get a free minute.

ALS is familial for us which is part of the reason I am here. I'm scared to death that it will strike myself and others in my family. With every random twitch I feel a twinge in my stomach of fear. I am also here in hopes I can offer advice or help since I experienced a broad spectrum of the disease in such a short time.

I encourage anyone to email me especially care givers with questions or who just want someone to talk openly with.

I see so much courage in here it is uplifting!

My condolences on the passing of your mom but welcome to the group.

AL.

Hi There
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!
That was such a very quick progression for your Mom!
Glad you are here...but sorry you have to be....you will have opportunity for a lot of input for sure.
Rick & Joan

My sincere condolences.
My father has had ALS for over a year but recently he's a shell of his former self.
I hope the end isn't near

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back