Diagnosis
10/2007
Country
AUS
State
queensland
City
cairns
:?Hi all I was diagnosed in October I am 46 have 3 daughters I am still trying to come to terms with mnd but I'm doing ok.

Welcome

Hi Jenene -

I'm 44 and have 2 boys and 2 girls. I was diagnosed this time last year. I find it has gotten easier (mentally coping) and harder (physical challenges) at the same time. Welcome to the forum.

Liz

Hello and welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your DX. folks areound here are very supportive and willing to discuss any issue that comes up for you, so I hope you feel free to visit often. Cindy

it is hard

Some days I feel o.k. other days I get so down my girls r finding it very hard to deal with and my husband cries often. So far I just have slight balance problem, speech slurring, and am very slow when I eat. I have just started taking ritulen and I try and stay active walking and swimming

Jenene -

Yep, it is hard. After that initial shock, I feel that having to think of my kids has helped me to keep me on a more even keel. How old are your girls?

Liz

it is hard

Hi Liz, my eldest is 22 and I have twins who r 21. My eldest is 2 months pregnaant she is finding it very difficult to come to terms with. I am very close to all none live at home but all live close by, and you what do you have and how old

God bless you, and your family, jene. I will keep each one of you in my prayers. I can imagine what you folks are experiencing right now. Every time I read about an Als diagnosed, it shakes me up. May God bless each one of our Pals, and our courageous fighters that have departed, may they rest in peace. I have no doubt in my mind that our Heavenly Father has a special place for them in Heaven. Als forever changed our lives, and robbed us of our joy.

Irma

I'm going to drop you an email seeing we're in the same state/country, you will find so much fantastic support here, something I'm yet to find in Oz.

KCAL:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back