Diagnosis
04/2015
Country
US
State
NY
City
Erieville
Becoming a member of this forum must be a form of intelligence test which I have failed many times over several months trying to join. I've used several names, different passwords, which I've noted elsewhere but then have not been recognized. Since I've just read some of the posts about exhaustion, I have to admit that getting to join this forum has been exhausting for me. I am 78, have rapidly progressing bulbar ALS, have a masters degree, but must be at kindergarten level in technical skills. I am so happy to have finally made it because I want to have relationships with people like me as I know no one else can possibly understand what it's like to be going thru this interesting but devastating disease.

Like right now I tried to add a smiley, but what I got was a question mark. Oh yeah, HELLO! I'M GLAD TO BE HERE.

Oh Dorothy, you poor thing! Congratulations on not giving up! It's very sad you have to be here, but there is so much to gain in terms of comfort, advice and of course 'getting it' you will find your persistence has been worth it.

God bless, Janelle x

Glad you made it. The only problem registering I have ever been able to identify is some people don't get their confirmation email because of their email server's spam settings. But whatever it was i am glad you overcame it. Feel free to jump into the main forums either by posting to a thread or by starting a new topic if you have a concern or question.

Best wishes

Welcome, dorothyann! Obviously, we'd rather you had no reason to be here... but we're glad that you persevered and found your way in. And you are right. You will find good people here to do understand what you are experiencing. There's much to read, questions to ask and time to share your own discoveries. Again, welcome!

Jim

Glad you made it, Dorothy. Feel free to vent, ask questions, or share your experiences with us.

Glad you persisted Dorothy.

I think it might have been that confirmation email. I had that just last night on a site where I missed at first that the confirmation mail went to junk.

When you add a smiley here it will show as funny text until after you submit. :?: I bet that's the one you tried to use right?

Don't give up, you are in now, hooray!

Welcome dorothyann! You are in a great group of people who understand what you are going through. As a caregiver, I'm constantly inspired by the input from others here.

Welcome Dorothy...you found the right place to learn about this disease we share. Trust me, it will be worth all of your frustration!
Audrey

Welcome Dorothy. Props for your persistence. Don't worry about being non-techy or finding your way around. I, like many of us, are still figuring things out. You're among friends. Cee

Hi Dorothy, and welcome to the place nobody wants to wind up. I'm also glad that you persisted and got here ok! You are so right about needing people who truly understand. Glad to have you here (well, not glad that you qualify, but you know what I mean).

Sorry you had a need to join us but so hlad you were able to figure it out! Welcome! Steph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back