Friend was DX
Country
US
State
UT
City
Provo
Hi:

I'm James and I'm supporting a loved one who is currently taking many tests to determine if he has MND. As you know, it's a stressful, taxing and frightening experience for all of his friends and family.

I'm in denial that he has it. The statistics I've read indicated 5000 people in the entire United States are diagnosed each year, and that only 30,000 are actively with the disease. It seems incomprehensible to me that my buddy could be one of those 5000 out of 310 million.

Anyway, thanks for taking me in and I look forward to more optimistic test results to share.

Thanks,
-J

>It seems incomprehensible to me that my buddy could be one of those 5000 out of 310 million.

me 2 :-(

Max - Thursday, March 26, 2015 3:00:53 PM

ALS sucks, but It Is What It Is ... and someone else has it worse so I'll try not to complain today!
onset 9/2010, diagnosed with ALS by Stanley Appel 8/29/2013

I know several people.....its strange. I hope for you and your friend it isn't the case.

Greetings, James!

In my opinion, the most terrifying of times are those when one is still looking for answers to what exactly is going on. Fortunately, the odds suggest one is more likely to have something recoverable than to have MND/ALS. I hope that, for you and your love one, that the odds favor you both. I also hope that the process of defining what is happening moves quickly so that you can grasp something definitive to move forward with.

My best to you both...

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back