Lost a loved one
Country
SWE
State
n/a
City
Kalmar
Greetings all members.

My name is Daniel, I am 31 years old and I live in Sweden. My best friend's mother passed away due to ALS, some years ago. The grief of their family left me with a lifelong impression that have since motivated me in doing good for others in life. It led me into researching alternative treatment options for ALS, and I have written an article on the subject that I have finally translated and published. Hopefully, moderators will eventually approve of its posting in the research forums. Until then, I just want you to know that I care strongly, and that there is some hope for many of you, even if you may not believe so at this time.

Anyway, me and my friend grew up on an island off the southeast coast of Sweden, with plenty of forests to roam and play in. Many days when we were kids, his mom Inger looked after us and treated us to the best homemade cookies one could find. Inger worked all her life as a nurse, taking care of other people - and loved to do it, which made her ending up a patient herself seem ironic somehow. We all miss her very much, and hopefully she's smiling down on us from above as I write these words.

Don't know what else to write, really. But I wish you all well :)

Would love to read about your research. Sounds like you have a kind heart.

Would love to read about your research. Sounds like you have a kind heart.

I don't know what's keeping the moderators, but if they want people to know as much as possible about current ALS-related research, and about any alternative treatment options available, they will let my post through in the research news forum. It is currently being discussed on several other ALS-related online boards.

Hi, Daniel.

Your problem was two fold. Firstly, we have rules on what kind of links can be posted. Every post you have tried to put through before your introduction contained just such a link.

Secondly, you hadn't posted anything else at all until now. You can understand how that looks to us when we're trying to figure out whether you are for real or not. We didn't want to judge you a spammer or conman on no evidence, but it is suspicious behaviour. So we've been quietly waiting to see if you are a real person or not.

I'm glad to see you are! I'm sorry for your loss, you'll find many here who can relate.

Hi, Daniel.

Your problem was two fold. Firstly, we have rules on what kind of links can be posted. Every post you have tried to put through before your introduction contained just such a link.

Secondly, you hadn't posted anything else at all until now. You can understand how that looks to us when we're trying to figure out whether you are for real or not. We didn't want to judge you a spammer or conman on no evidence, but it is suspicious behaviour. So we've been quietly waiting to see if you are a real person or not.

I'm glad to see you are! I'm sorry for your loss, you'll find many here who can relate.

Thank you, I'm in good company, no doubt.

I just posted a long update to my original thread in the research news forum. You may have to edit it due to the linking policy again - the wall of text had to be copypasted from my notepad notes, containing some links. I can only hope for your patience and understanding. On a good note, this project between a group of involved people could turn out to be of some interest to readers.

I recently visited my friend's father - who lost his wife to ALS. I hadn't seen him for quite a while. We had a lengthy talk about life in general, and about my writings. He showed me photos from his latest vacation in Thailand, where the wife of his oldest son comes from. It was nice seeing him again. His garden could use an overhaul though, as his wife always took care of it when she was around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back