Reason
Friend was DX
Country
US
State
NC
City
Highlands
Hello, my dear friend has ALS. She just found out. We have been friends since the third grade. I have been reading up on it and I'm sad beyond belief. She lives by herself, so I hope to be there for her.

I'm so sorry to hear of your friend. You will gather lots of useful information on this forum as I have. Take your time to read the stickies as they are very helpful. Previous posts by members are also informative as it lets you see how others are coping with this disease and you can pick up tips on how to make things a bit easier not only for your friend but you as well. You sound very caring.

Welcome fairfiona. Just keep reading. You'll learn a lot here ..from some great people. I'm sorry about your friend.

Thank you LornaM an vzandt. I have already found lotta of info that can be used to help my friend. Thank you.

You're a good friend to start thinking ahead about how you can be there for her. There was a woman here with ALS, and her friends put together shifts to help take care of her. They divided the week into 24 eight hour shifts. Each of the twelve friends took two shifts a week. It worked out very, very well. Maybe you could quietly start putting together a team of friends so that it will be in place down the road.

Ask any questions. There are a team of people on the forum always ready to answer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back