Diagnosis
04/2012
Country
US
State
Utah
City
Midvale
Hello all, I was diagnosed with ALS 6 mo. ago. My first symptom was difficulty talking.After having a CAT scan, I was sent to a neurologist. Then, a MRI. He sent me to a Nuerology Center, specializing in MD, Als,etc. There I was given a electrical test, that hurt, alot. Then the diagnosis. I was floored, as were my children. I feel my symptoms are progressing fast. My legs, arms, hands. I have alot of trouble swallowing. I cough, and yawn so much. Would it be possible to have had this disease earlier? I was bieng treated for Asthma for 2 years before all of this started showing up. Thanks for letting me ramble, and I am so glad I found your forum.

Welcome to the forums! So sorry about your diagnosis. You'll find lots of support here from our local Bulbarians.

Sorry about your diagnosis, HoneyMIE. I hope you've been in touch with your local ALS Society. They should prove invaluable with information, guidance and loaner equipment. Take care. Yasmin.

welcome , i think most of us go back and think you mean that time i dropped this or that was the begining. with all the yawning you might want to get ur breathing checked, u might not feel short of breath but your diaphragm might be weak . are you going to an ALS clinic? call the als association in your area that have tons of info and help

Thank you so much for answering back. I am a patient with the Nuerology Clinic in my area. They are wonderful, and have given me so many help aids.

Thank you for replying. I know I have found the right forum to vent my frustrations. thanks again.

Welcome to the Forum. Rant and Rave, come to The Pub, come for Tea... it's all here. Welcome.

Sorry for what you are going trough.
I too am a Bulbarian, be strong, ask what you need here, and share what you can.

There is so much life to live still, so stay positive, and enjoy.

Cheers,
Casey

Welcome, I too am a Bulbarian. I started with slurred speech 1 year ago. Just diagnosed 1 month ago. Seems that everyone's progression is different. I know some people have gone years without a diagnosis. Lots of great info on this forum with fantastic people too.

Barbara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back