01/2012
Country
US
State
OR
City
Beavercreek
Hi All,
My husband was diagnosed with ALS January 2012. In six months we have gone from good energy to no energy; from being able to sign his name to a non-functioning hand; from enjoying steak to talking with the PA yesterday about a feeding tube. Now and not later due do his lungs.
I found this forum months ago and have read many threads and I am thankful for everyone's insights.
From a wife and caregiver's point of view, it feels like this is going so fast that I can't keep up. Continually trying to figure out how / what to do to keep him independent and safe.
I was reading comments about the feeding tube and am going to share with my husband tonight - one comment in particular spoke to the husband's reaction after he had the PEG was relief that he didn't have to eat so much.
Thank you all for sharing.
Strength to us all.

Hi daizylee, sorry your hubby's progression is so fast... welcome to the forum, there's lots of good advice and great people here.

Welcome to the forum. You will find much info here by searching. 'Strength to us all' indeed. :) It's truly amazing how much information I have found to help me here as these are individuals who have 'figured out a way' to make things work.

Welcome Daisylee to our forum family. I have a had a peg for nearly a year and so glad I got before I chocked on everything. I take tastes of steak and spit them out after chewing. I use thick it in my coffee and juices. There a many tips on this forum.

And with the PEG he can expend his energy on only his favorite foods.

Hi Daizy, sorry about your husband. With Als seems when you get one thing figured out, then it is something else..

So sorry about your husband. Ask any questions that come to mind. We are always here for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back