Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
CA
State
Alberta
City
Red Deer
Hello My name is Debbie. In July of this year, after many years abroad, my father returned home and I discovered he was ill (horrible surprise as he didn't said anything when we kept in touch on the telephone:shock:). He was diagnosed with ALS in Aug. It seems he first had limb onset (hand) symptoms about a year before that. Both my grandpa and my uncle passed from ALS after about 2 and 2 1/2 years from symptoms showing. He is living with me and my family and I am caring for and supporting him. We have had a couple of appointments with the team at the University of Alberta Hospital in the capital city about 2 hours away at the ALS Clinic. They have been wonderful! We have also had numerous other appointments at our local hospital and doctors. Thanks to everyone for all the great information, I look forward to learning more and making some online friends (if i can figure out how to use this site):smile: Deb

Hi Debbie, sorry you had to be here, but welcome to our forum family... you'll find a wealth of information and characters on this site!

Don't worry, I still have problems figuring out this site! :)

Merry Christmas,

Helen

Deb, we're all learning as we go. You can find some advice here on just about anything that comes up. The PALS and CALS who have come before us have left a wealth of information in the archives. Our current members are at different stages on this ride and have a lot to offer in the way of practical advice, support, friendship, and just downright silliness. It's certainly been a lifeline for me. Welcome aboard!

Sorry about the situation that brings you here but welcome. This is a great place to share and search for help and answers. Hang in there!

Very sorry to hear about your father. Welcome to the forum family.
Blessings,
Linda

Hi Deb,

Glad you are here because our family is ONE OF A KIND on this forum! Everyone FITS IN, and the love, laughter, information, compassion, caring, help, and...did I say LAUGHTER keep everyone informed and even entertained!

I cannot say it any better than the previous posts! Let us know about you and your Dad from time to time. Ask anything because someone will respond.

God bless you and yours, Merry Christmas!

Kaye :)

Hello Sweet Debbie! I'm so sorry your Dad has ALS and glad he has such a loving daughter in you. There are many helpful, knowledgable people here. If you have any questions or just need to vent just ask or vent away. Do you ever blog? That's a good way to express yourself too. {{{BIG HUGS}}}

welcome, so sorry you are here. You found the right forum for support, love, to vent , to cry. You can do anything you need too. Good luck!

Sorry to hear this beast runs in your family. glad youve found us though

Hello debbie, hope you enjoy your stay here same as i do. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back