Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
CA
City
Auburn
My mom was diagnosed w/PLS approx. 7 years ago...with symptoms for over 15. At this point, she is completely wheelchair bound and is losing mobility in her arms/hands as well. I would really like to provide items that will make her life easier and was hoping for some recommendations.

Are there any tools/toys/etc. that make your life easier? I really just want to make her as comfortable as possible and am unsure how to proceed.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.
~Jen

Hi Jen. Welcome to the forum. Could I ask if you are in the US or Canada? It does make a difference on what is available. AL.

Hi Jen. Great question. I am sure many of us newly DX'd or awaiting DX will watch closely for the answers. Thanks for joining us!

We're in the US...both of us. Although I live in sunny California and she lives in snowy Oregon.

Thanks for making me feel welcome!
~J

Hi Jen. If you go to the People with ALS Section on the front page and click there, when the list of threads comes up there is a "sticky" I believe the third topic down named Activities of daily Living Manual. That will give you an idea of where to start with gadgets. AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back