Diagnosis
01/2011
Country
CA
State
Nova Scotia
City
Meadowvale
Hi everyone my name is Kathy and I was diagnosed with ALS Jan. 18, 2011, I have read some of your stories and I am so happy to find this site, it makes me feel I am not alone with this disease and your words give me an insight of what to expect as I travel my journey. I am 52 years old, have two grown sons and a loving husband. Our family also consists of 2 dogs Max and Jessie and Sam the cat. I am expecting my first grandchild late October and I am so excited, it gives me something to look forward to, I hope my health stays good until then. Well I guess I have said enough for now. I continue to look forward to your posts. Kathy

Hi Kathy, sorry about your diagnosis, but glad you found this forum. Lots of info, and great forum family!

Welcome Kathy. Hope we can help.

AL.

Hello Kathy, you will find the forum to be a valuable resource, but I am so sorry you have to be here. I'm jealous about that grandchild of yours that is on the way as we are still waiting for one. Congratulations, though!

Jo

Hello, Cathy and congratulations on the impending birth of your grandchild.
Aly

Thank you joni51, I am so sorry your husband has ALS, I can see how difficult it is for my husband looking after me, although he never complains, but I wish things could have been different, we have been married for 33 years and never did I ever think something like this would happen. My heart goes out to you and your husband. Take care Kathy

Welcome to the "family". We are all here to help you

Welcome to the 'fam' Kathy. I joined about a month ago when I got my final diagnoses of ALS. I have found this site to be nothing but supportive and helpful in all matters. I feel so welcome here in being able to write and vent about my condition, to asking questions of what to do for physical, mental, and emotional support. I hope you are able to feel as welcomed as I have to this community. You will probably find the "PALS" section (people with ALS) to be the most helpful to you as we are all in the same boat so to say. Your husband and even kids if you like might find the section "caregiver for PALS" helpful as well for support in coping and also finding those resources for you when things progress. Know I am here for you as long as I am here! Keep in touch! :)

Thank you so much, I find it helpful reading what others have to say, I don't know anyone else who has ALS or heard much about it until I was diagnosed so I do appreciate your kind words and I am sorry for your diagnoses, also please stay in touch, I would love to have someone to talk to.

Hi Kathy. You should join in some of the threads in the other forums above. Once you've said hi, not much traffic goes through here.

AL.

Hi Kathy, look for the "Come for Tea" thread that Aly started a while back... we have lots of fun on that thread!

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie here as well and hope to be a good participant and follower of this forum. A friend told me that it's really interesting to be part of this site that's why I signed up and I'm looking forward to be active in this forum particularly in some topics that interests me most. Thanks. Hope I'm welcome!

You'll be welcome as long as you don't post links or try to advertise again.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back