Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
CA
City
Garden Grove
Hello all my name is Robert and I found these forums through another forum... Someone from there recruited me to this forum to ask questions and hopefully help others (which I'm still new to helping my mom in this situation).

A quick rundown on my mom's diagnosis and current situation. About 2 months ago my mom was diagnosed with ALS after doing all kinds of tests at UCI (University of Irivine)... The disease has spread in a way which is very awkward compared to other cases and stories I've heard. Started in her left arm beginning with numbness in the fingertips and gradually spreading to the whole arm. Then it attacked the right hand, only the little, ring and middle finger. As of lately that has spread to her whole arm. Her legs are pretty well taking a turn for the worse as well. Mouth functions remain normal along with breathing.

I will post some questions I have being that I am my mothers caregiver from 3pm - 6am (work schedule). About getting possible HOSPICE if I buy her a place to live (condo) and several other important questions.

Thanks for reading this intro to the forum,
Robert Bosse

Hello Robert- I am in Ventura, CA Just wanted to say Hi since we are practicallty neighbors. Folks on this forum are so very helpful. I am sorry about your mom. Welcome. I know someone will give you the answers that you need. Take Care, Christins

Hi Robert. Sorry about your mom. Hope we can help.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back