futuredoctor

Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
City
Hi everyone-
I just found this site and found a lot of the forums interesting, so maybe I'll pop in every now and then to comment.
I recently decided to go back to the books to pursue medical school and I think I might go into a neuromuscular specialty. I have myasthenia gravis, which is definitely what sparked the interest. But ALS is so much more complex and crazy and fascinating.
I made an account on here because I came across someone's old posting describing symptoms that sounded a lot like MG, but I would really like to hear about your experiences with ALS. I really, really want to be a great doctor and if I go into this field then I want to hear a lot of patient perspectives on the disease.
Anyway - I'll see you all around!

Hello! and Welcome. I think you will make a great doctor because you have the right attitude of wanting to learn not just from books, but form those who are living the experience of this disease. Your having MG will give you the compassion you need to be able to empathize with your patients. What a great combination. I hope you listen in and learn alot. So many doctors feel they have to know it all, and because of this they miss the most important things. Good luck to you, and I hope to see you around!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back