Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
NE
City
A small town
Hi!
I definitely don't want to say I'm happy I'm here (I'd much rather never have to know what ALS is), but I am so glad there is support out there :smile:
My name is Natalie, and I am 17 years old.
My great-great grandma had ALS (at least they suspect she had it- she died before any tests etc.), my great-grandma, and my grandma have all passed away from ALS. There is an obvious genetic mutation that is being passed down, and my mom shows signs of ALS (always tired, muscles weak, etc.).
I'm determined to do all I can. I was very close to my grandma, and when she died at 55 from ALS I was heartbroken.
I raised 2,000 in 2009 for the Walk to Defeat ALS, $3,000 this year, and have won a community service award for my efforts--this disease needs to be stopped!

My purpose of coming here is to get support from everyone, of course, but mainly those who are dealing with the knowledge that they might one day get ALS or have a family history of it.
I am also curious to see if there are any younger people on here too.

I hope everyone has a good Friday!

Natalie, I am sorry for the losses you have had because of ALS and bless your heart for being out there fighting for all of us.

Natalie, I applaud you for your fundraising efforts! What a commendable way to honor your grandmother. It is special that you had such a loving relationship with her - I'm sure she cherished time she spent with you too. Also, prayers for your mom to be healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back