mjkerkau

Country
US
State
FL
City
Gainesville
Hi to all!

I thought I'd throw myself into the crowd. I don't have definitive diagnosed yet, so far just an EMG/NCS that shows no muscle disease, just the MND. My symptoms include upper and lower motor neuron involvement, and bulbar symptoms too. I keep wondering if I'm in that 25% or so that start with the bulbar type, since the speaking problems and aspiration problems really came on about 6 months before my profound fatigue of the legs. I am 35, female, and have two girls ages 7 & 9. I was treated for aspiration pneumonia back in Jan this year, then just kept adding little symptoms here and there until the Mack truck hit me in May.
I have my MRI scheduled for tomorrow (friday) and then will see the neuro again on Monday. The only other tests he has plans for me on are the heavy metal ones, and perhaps a spinal tap.

The things I won't go through to get out of cooking Thanksgiving Day dinner, I tell ya!:mrgreen:

Welcome, MJ to the Forum Family! I wish you had no reason to find us, but since you do, I hope you will make this your place of support, information, and friendships. You'll soon be meeting others here who like you have children and family. I dont know what i would do if I hadn't found the Forum. I never thought I could make such close freindships without ever meeting, but I have to say I am as close to these wonderful folks as I am to my own family. It takes a little doing to find your way around the Forum, especially if you are like me, a techno-dummy. Have fun exploring and if you have any questions, just ask and you'll get a flood of responses. if you look at the top of this page you;ll see a blue bar with words, click on the FAQ and explore what you find.
Again I welcome you with a warm hug!

Welcome to the forum family! Like Sequoia, I sure wish that none of us had to be here but since we do, this is the place to be. Even if you can't or don't want to cook a Thanksgiving dinner, I hope you have a good time!

Welcome, Sorry you had to find us here. This is a great site for info. and asking questions and getting support. I am 50 yrs old and have 2 boys at home ages 11 and 13. It is very sad to have to deal with our children regarding this disease but I believe God is helping us and them each day to come to terms with this. Since you do not have an official diagnosis I am praying that you do not have ALS and that it is something else. May God bless you and be with you every step of the way.

Rox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back