Diagnosis
09/2010
Country
US
State
LA
City
Lafayette
My name is Gina and my husband Kevin was diagnosed on 9/28/10....and its ok.

After 4 months of tests, doctors saying they dont know what is wrong, more tests, guessing and praying, we finally got a diagnosis. To date, I have only had 2 freak outs and they were minor - for me that is.

Kevin is still mobile, but slow walking. No problems swallowing or breathing. Lots of twitching, but no pain.

AND WE ARE OK.

We have been married for almost 29 years. We have 5 wonderful grown children, of which 3 are in the Military. We have 1 perfect granddaughter. Our family is strong and supportive and loving.

We are preparing for the worst and hoping for the best. Our faith is strong and we are trusting GOD to uphold us.

Just wanted to say hi....and join the club no one really wants to belong to......

Oh, Gina, welcome to "the club", which you sure describe correctly. I'm glad that you're OK! Only two emotional episodes is really doing well. I hope that as your husband seems to have leg involvement, that you and Kevin can think about any house modifications he will need later. And, I have a feeling you've been reading around the site, so you know to contact the ALS association and find the local branch... getting yourselves into their system (great loan closets) as well as the MDA/ALS (some overlap but also has different areas of help).

It's very good your family is "strong and supportive and loving". Trusting the Lord is ultimately the best place to put your trust, as I'm sure you know well.

Gina, I love your attitude. I am sorry that you have joined the club but glad that you found us. Your family sounds wonderful, the love and support that your husband has is a wonderful blessing.

Anytime you are having a freak out feel free to come here, there are many, many wonderful people here ready and willing to help and be supportive.

Stay strong and keep the faith!

Welcome Gina and hope we can be of some help.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back