Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
US
State
CA
City
Poway
This is my first of what I am hoping will be many posts for years to come. I was diagnosed with ALS in Sept. last year after over 2 years of tests. Right after the news my wife started searching the web for answers and support and came across this ALS forum. She has been so inspired by what you all have to say and has been trying for months to get me to logon and read your posts. I have put it off because I was afraid of what I might read, boy was I dumb for waiting so long. I spent a few hours today reading the post and find them insightful, inspiring and in some cases humerous. I can't wait to start communicating with all of you and asking question so I can tap the knowledge you all have.

Again, it's great to finally be registerd and a part of this wonderful site.

Jim

Hey Jim!

Glad you have decided to join us, but sorry you have to! I look forward to your posts!

Welcome Jim, jump right in! We look forward to getting to know you.

we are glad you came here

Welcome to the forum, Jim! I'm looking forward to hearing more from you!

Hey Jim,

Welcome to the site.

Glen

Jim, we're here just waiting to be tapped so welcome to the forum!

Barry

Welcome Jim,
I am sorry you have to be here, and yes it is a wonderful site (they even let people from "Down Under" join) :lol::lol:

cheers
Peter

Hi Jim,

I joined just today as well, but also wanted to say a quick 'hi.'

It's great you feel at home here already:cool:. As you were diagnosed a few years ago, how are you doing now? I hope things are going as well as possible for you, even better. :smile:

I'm looking forward to the jokes too....there's nothing better than something that makes us laugh out loud!

Please let us know how you are, and I'm sure we two new comers will find our way around here in no time.:cool:

Lisa, AZ

Welcome Lisa! Sorry you have to be here but since you are make yourself at home.

I was in your fair city in February visiting my sister and brother in law who had their holiday trailer parked at the La Fiesta trailer park. We only saw a very small part before we headed down to Ajo to visit friends but we had great weather and it sure was nice to get away from the Canadian winter for 10 days.

Hi Barry,

Thanks for the greeting!

So you were here just last month - I hope you missed the rain and only got the nice, sunny days. Oh yeah! It IS a nice break from that harsh kind of winter.

I don't think I've been to Ajo...I live about halfway between Phoenix and Tucson.

I don't have ALS, but peripheral nerve damage with numbing and periodic paralysis, but thanks so much for the good wishes; I really appreciate it.:smile:

Got a bit freaked out today when my tongue, foot, wrist, and thigh went numb,as I know it's likely to lead to paralysis again. It seemed time I joined a group with the same understanding of how scary it is to lose function.

Sorry you have to be here, but glad we met. Guess you are back in CA now, and hope you have an early sping.:cool:

How are YOU doing right now? Please let me know when you can; I hope you're doing well, but if not, that's what we're all here for, and you can bend my ear anytime at all.

Thanks again, and I hope to hear from you again soon.

Lisa

Welcome Jim,
I am sorry you have to be here, and yes it is a wonderful site (they even let people from "Down Under" join) :lol::lol:

cheers
Peter

Awww Jeez "Who left the door open" :twisted:

Welcome jim and LADale.

AL.

Lisa, welcome as well. Overall I'm doing OK considering. I use a walker to get around although that is getting harder to do each day. I ordered a wheel chair that is due to arrive Monday which will allow me to get around a little faster.
Hope you are doing well and I look forward to communicating with you and all the other members.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back