Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
MI
City
Detroit
Hello everyone, I'm a 22 year old SAHM and working on an Associate's degree. I'm currently undiagnosed, but do not believe I have ALS. However, ALS has affected me personally because my uncle was diagnosed about 1 1/2 years ago. Before his diagnosis, I had never even heard of such a thing and don't think I understood what it actually meant either. Noone believes that something like this would ever happen to you or your loved ones and even though I understand now, I'm still in complete shock. I don't think it really hit me until he started having to be carried at times and it seems like that change almost came overnight. From the research that I've done, I feel that there could be so much more to increase awareness of this disease and research of it overall. I think the disorders that are less common tend to be placed on the back burner a bit and it's just very upsetting.

I tried to respond to your public message . . . both with a public message and private message to you . . . but I was unable. It might be that you don't have enough posts for me to respond but then I'm wondering how you were able to send me a message.

Bottom line: I'd be happy to see the results of your muscle biopsy as soon as you're able.

So Wright, she PM'd you but you can't PM back, which you are not supposed to do if she's under ten posts. Maybe software needs tweaking again.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back