06/2008
Country
US
State
any
City
any
Greetings friends!

As many of you know, I have had ALS for 16 months. My legs are starting to fail me at times, dang it!

So the ALS Assn let me borrow a power w/c. It is great! It's a Quantum 600. Now for the problem...

It won 't fit in my van with me in it! So I'm wondering if anyone out there knows of a place that would donate an older model or something. I have no money for a 3rd car pymt and I promised a gal at our support group mtg I would get on here and ask.

Thanks so much!
Brenda

try the guardian angles on this form don't know for sure if they can help but, wont hurt to try

Contact MDA - ALS Division. They have a "wish list" and will connect people who are selling wheelchair vans with those who want to buy. It is much less expensive than going to a dealer.

Also, ALS Association sometimes has a "For Sale" section on their web site (ALSA Rocky Mountain Division hosts "Community Marketplace" on their website) where often you can find a good used van.

We are in the process of purchasing a used wheelchair van with ramp. Sadly, it became available when a friend of ours from the ALS support group died. He had only had the van 9 months and had bought it from the widow of another PALS who died last December. :(

Take care,
Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back