08/2007
Country
US
State
Illinois
City
Chicago area
Hi everyone,

My husband has unfortunately progressed to the point where these items are no longer
of use to him.

If any PALS can use them, I would be glad to give them to you. I would ask to be reimbursed for any shipping costs. Or if you are nearby, we can arrange for pick up.

The items are:

Shower bench

Shower chair

Built up eating utensils

Toliet riser seat with detachable handles

Bendable shower scrubber - this is so you can wash places that are difficult to reach

Butt wiper - this is a hard plastic aid that you preload with toliet paper when you have a hard time reaching to wipe

And I'm pretty sure I still have a zipper/button hook aid

Everything is clean and in good condition, but we just moved, so it may take me a few days to find some of the smaller items!

God bless to all of the PALS and CALS.:-D

So sorry to hear about your husband. My thoughts are with you.

Linda-

I know you have been thru alot, especially this past year.
I am not in need of anything yet, but you are so kind & considerate to be thinking of others at this time.

My thoughts & prayers for you & your family!
Mare

Linda,
I was just wondering if he would be able to use the shower chair if he had a hoyer lift.

Linda-
Bless you, please let me know if you still have the bendable shower thingy and the built up utensils. I will be glad to pay for them,
-brenda

Brenda, I still have them, but I will not take anything for them other than whatever the postage cost is.
PM me your address and I will get them sent out on Monday. (I actually know where these items are in the abyss of boxes!)

Just to clarify, the shower bench is a shower transfer bench. One side is in the tub and there is a seat on the outside so that the PALS can scoot into the seat part inside the tub.

hi linda.
sorry to read about your husbands progression,its so sad.
i hope your new home is better for you and you are happier there,you deserve it being such a caring kind lady.:)

Last edited:
Hi Linda,
I see you are from the Chicago area. Which hospital or clinic does your husband go to.We are trying to decide which one .We live in Joliet & I hate going into the city,but pretty soon we need to go Larry has been diagnosed with upper & lower MND.The Doc is stumped.because all labs & emg's etc are normal. Are you happy with the Doc he has.I'm very frustrated Larry has been going for 3yrs to the same neuro,I like him but I think we need to trying to get a diagnosed.Hopefully not ALS but you have to take what is dealt you I guess.Thank you.
Sharon

Hi Sharon,

I'm sorry to hear of Larry's problems. How frustrating that must be! Lenny was going to a local neuro along with several other doctors on and off for over two years. We finally went to UIC where he was diagnosed. He sees Dr. Octavia Kincaid. We have been very happy with her, the nurse Audrey, as well as the respiratory therapist. Nicole, the ALSA social worker has been a Godsend. She has not only gotten alot of equipment for us but has arranged door to door transportation to the clinic visits since Lenny is now wheelchair dependent and we do not have a handicap accessible van.

I hope and pray that Larry has something treatable! By the way, that was my brother's name.

We are in Crystal Lake, so I know what you mean about going into the city. It does make for a long day. If you want the contact info for the clinic just let me know.

Hi Linda,
Thank you for the info.I showed Larry your response,I have a friend that is a neuro at UIC Department of Rehabilation.Dr Sean Ruland.I talked to him a while ago about Larry coming to the University,but we still have not made an appointment.Very difficult decision.I don't know what to do I am torn about what to do. Larry is still able to walk,eat & breathing is ok,he gets winded when he walks to far or does to much which isn't much .His legs are the weakest. He got a permanent parking placque so now he doesn't have to park so far away from things. In the beginning the neuro said ALS then back tracked. Now his neuro say's MND upper & lower.Larry lost his Dad on Mothers Day & he has been really depressed & lost 10 # . I am REALLY AFRAID. Thank You & GOD BLESS you & Lenny.
Sharon

Linda & my Father & brothers name was Lenny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back