Loved one DX
Country
US
State
California
City
Cathderal City
Hello:

I'm looking for a urinal and potty seat for my dad.. it's often hard for him to make it to the restroom in time to urninate so I thought a little porta-potty would be a good idea so he can go and we can just dump it. Also, I'm not sure what you call it, but he needs an elevated potty seat with handles.. kind of like a walker. We are in California.. please let me know if you have or know anyone who has what we are looking for.

Thanks so much!

The ALSA or MDA should have loan closets as they call them where they have these items for free loan. Call them.
AL.

Last edited:
I just started speaking with his Case Manager.. is this something that I should ask her about? I do believe she is how he got his walker and communication device.

Yes ask the case manager. They can steer you in the right direction.
AL.

you need a bedside comode. It can be placed at the bedside at night, or you can take the "bucket" out, and stattle the frame over the toilet and raise it to whatever height you need, it has rails on each side, kind of like a chair with arms. Also, medicare should cover this, but you will need a order from your physician. If you don't want to wait for insurance coverage you can purchase them at any hospital durable medical facility or some pharmacy's carry them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back