Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
US
State
WA
City
Vancouver
Does anyone in the Portland, Oregon or Southwest Washington area selling their CPAP, Cough assist, and Suction Machine?

My husband just went to his 1st ALS clinic on Monday, January 20, and these are the clinics recommendations that he needs now. I received a call from a medical rental place today, and after medicare and our supplement insurance pays 85% I still will be paying $345.40 per month to rent the equipment.

Thank you,

Georgia Rux
360-772-9636

Have you tried the ALS society? I am so sorry it is going to cost so much.

I just donated a CPAP machine to our local ALS clinic in Charleston, SC. Call your local ALS chapter hopefully they can help you out.

wow, that is outrageous. definitely call the ALSA in your area.

This is the local ALSA chapter that serves you Patient and Family Services - The ALS Association Oregon and SW Washington Chapter
I would imagine that you don't really mean CPAP but rather BiPAP. What clinic did you see? But if all else fails, we have a spare CPAP from the pre-BiPAP days and are in Seattle and know someone who goes home to Vancouver on student breaks. So let me know if you need it. secondwindcpap.com is another option. Hopefully your chapter has a BiPAP to loan. You can get a suction machine of your very own for that rental price for one month, so there is no reason to rent it. The Cough Assist is the biggest ticket item. However, you can buy one on line for a few months of that rental price. Or again you may be able to get one on loan. DME leasing is one of the systems great ripoffs and largely benefits equipment mfrs -- stay away from it if possible. It's like a car loan that almost never ends. A lot of perfectly usable med equip is sold on eBay as well as via craigslist and national refurb/warehouse shippers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back