Diagnosis
07/2011
Country
US
State
Washington
City
Port Ludlow
My mother, diagnosed with ALS, passed on this week and she wished that she could help others with ALS and as such, I have a few items that may be of use to someone who is in need. Like the header says, there isn't much (the important stuff was leased from Lin Care) but it is free. Here's what I have :

transport chair
bath chair
four wheel walker with hand brakes and basket
footed cane (4 feet)
Headmaster collar size large
IV/Enteral (feeding tube) feeding bag stand
adjustable table for a hospital bed
73 1000ml Easy Feed Enteral Nutrition Bags with pre-attached gravity feeding set
111 cans of 2 Cal HN (for enteral feeding) from Providence Infusions
246 cans of Jevity 1.5 (for enteral feeding) from Providence Infusions

The feeding items are completely unused as they were supplies left over from when my mother transitioned to TPN (IV) feeding. Unfortunately I don't have the means to ship this stuff because of size and weight (believe me 246 cans of liquid nutrition weighs a lot) so anyone needing these things would have to pick them up.

are u able to post any photos? Id like to see the Headmaster collar. My pals has a trach and is on a vent. completely paralyzed.

Sure thing, how's this? I had my daughter put it on so you could see how it sits. Since this is really small and lightweight piece of equipment I can ship it if it will work for your friend. The fram is metal wire that can be adjusted by someone in prosthetics/orthotics or physical therapy/rehab.

IMGP6736.jpg

That is such a wonderful thing to do, you are such a great helpful person. So sorry about your loss.

This looks like one of the best neck braces I have seen

You are wonderful! Anything that you can't ship you can donate to your closest ALS Chapter Loaner Closet. I'm so sorry for the loss of your Mom. Love to you.

so sorry for your loss

I just paid $180 for that neck brace works pretty well.

aL.

Can you tell me what type of bath chair you have?

druithleigh, so sorry to hear about your Mom. May peace be with you.

Can you tell me what type of bath chair you have?

It's a Carex bath chair with a back and hand holds for stability. It also has adjustable legs for height adjustments and soft skid resistant rubber feet for stability. It's constructed of heavy molded plasitc and can hold up to 270 pounds.

bathchair.jpg

I really like that neck brace. I can pay for the shipping if it isnt too much.

Do you have an email address you could give me so i can send you my address? I tried to send you a private message, but you arent able to receive those yet.
This would save us a whole heap of money... right now we need two ppl to get my pals up because someone has to hold his head up while the other person works the lift. Ive been wanting to get him up by myself for quite awhile so he doesnt have to pay someone to come in all the time. If we can make this work- we would both be sooo very grateful!

Oh- one question though- does it stop the head from falling backwards too, or just from falling forward?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back