Diagnosis
07/2010
Country
US
State
NY
City
Merrick
My husband has a BIPAP that he uses for sleep and naps. It was suggested at his latest check up that he have an additional one so that he could use it when sitting watching tv or reading. Our insurance only covers one. I called the ALS Association's loaner closet but they don't believe they have any. Does anyone have a lead on how to get an additional BIPAP. I know a new one is very costly. Is anyone selling theirs?

My BiPap machine is about 12x12 and I can carry it from room to room I can also take it in my car

As said, they are movable from room to room. Mine goes from my bedroom to my living room, depending on where i sleep. Is yours not movable?

They are quite expensive new--and almost $800 or so even used around here. Guardian Angels sent me mine--a kind PAL loaned it it me. I couldn't afford to buy one, either.

Check on CL if you really need a new one. I've seen them there--but really might just be easier to move from room to room.

My BiPap didn't cost me anything my insurance (Medicare and Blue Cross Blue Shield) paid for all of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back