SMillheiser

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
california
City
san juan capistrano
ALS Guardian Angels has an unused DynaVox and Quantum 6000V3S power chair available to a deserving PAL in need. ALSGA pays all shipping costs. If interested please PM me
Stu

tel me more, stu. diagnosed with als in march. trying to get disability medicare to help with expenses. no luck yet.
thanks for your time.
lgb

Any more info on the wheelchair would be greatly appreciated. Diagnosised 11/2010. Curently walking with cuff crutches, but getting difficult. Have been waiting for ssdi & medicare to resond. Thank you so much.

I have to ask! does anyone have an ALS clinic that they attend? I have been very blessed, The als loan closset has given me things as I need then. I am outraiged that someone is using cruches! I know that Medicare has to aprove you within 5 mths, so it should be so. Can you call your ALS Clinic and have them check to see if they have a walker and a wheelchair. Hang in there. I love your name (notgivingup)

Also check with the MDA they might have scooters or rolling walkers, too. With my hand weakness, I couldn't use crutches if my life depended on it. thankfully, a very nice repair man at a med supply store fixed my scooter--too bad it won't work in my house :(

Hi, Living in Kauai we do not have much of anything, I had to travel to Oahu for neuro's and we have only MDA and no ALS clinic. They have looked for a chair for me but no luck. I do pretty well considered with the crutches, I will just keep going until I can not, is pretty tireing, I sit alot. My hands and arms do cramp up alot using crutches but I make do. Remember notgivnup!

I have MND and live on a remote ranch. I am looking for a power chair that won't tip over on an incline/uneven terrain, and doesn't immediately get stuck in mud/snow. I am using a premobile 300 cz from the ALS loan closet, but in the past 2 days have almost fallen over in it :( It simply is a gr8 chair for in a city.... but our nearest neighbor is 3 miles by road, 1/2 mile across rolling hills, and I am here alone with three kids home after school ages 10-13 (no driver's license). My insurance will cover an "indoor" chair, but i can't even get from the house to the vehicle in the winter, spring or fall with an "indoor" chair. How is the 6000v3s for terrain? Has anyone had any luck getting insurance 2 cover something like the X5 Frontier? Viking 4x4? Anyone used anything like that? I have either very slow progressing ALS or some other MND. I will need a chair, luckily, for, hopefully, a long time. My driveway is 1.3 miles long. I am worried that without a serious all terrain vehicle if I even get stuck in the winter on my driveway in the vehicle, I can't make it 2 the house with a regular chair. Moving is not an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back