Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
PA
City
Paoli
My husband, Arthur Ellisen, died of ALS in September 2010 and it's time to sell the van and his chair. We live near Valley Forge outside Philadelphia.

1994 Chevy Hi Top wheelchair lift conversion van

Only 49,000 miles. Braun wheelchair lift. His power chair weighs over 400 lbs, Arthur was 230, the lift is plenty strong, safe, and operates smoothly.

5.7 liter V8 GM engine. White with gray interior. Drives smoothly and strong. New tie downs. New tires.

Power windows and door locks, tilt wheel, speed control. AM/FM/cassette stereo, chrome front & rear bumpers. 4 captains chairs (2 w/tags in garage) bench/rear sofa bed. Seats 5 in addition to person in wheelchair. Windows have blinds. Entertainment system, don't know if it works; we never tried. Mood lighting...all teak wood.

2 defects to mention:
- Carpet in the back is dirty, with some tears along the side fabric.
- Air conditioning doesn't work. There is front and rear, but it doesn't work.

I will send pictures to anyone interested. We bought this van last year from a woman whose father died of ALS. It's a great van to drive. We are the only 2 owners.

$6,000.00

Debby Ellisen
[email protected]
cell: 484-467-9800

Debbie,

I have ALS and we are starting to look around for vans. I am so sorry to hear about your husband.

I would be interested in knowing more about your van. Is it possible for the power chair to go into the front passenger position? Can you tell me what model Chevy it is and if it ever leaks oil? Is the lift located in the rear or on the side?

I would appreciate any pictures you have. Thanks so much for your help. Chris

Hi Debbie- sorry for your loss. We are looking at options now too. please send some pics in case ChrisQ passes on it

Hi Chris,

I just had a wonderful conversation with your husband. I told him I'll take pictures tomorrow of the inside, and ask my guys at work about the front seat being removed. I used to get carsick as a child but that heavens I don't any more! The tiedowns are set for the middle, Arthur would put his feet up between the seats. But he was 6'5.

Anything I can possibly do to help you guys....
Blessings to you,
Debby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back