Reason
PALS
Country
UK
State
N/A
City
N/A
Hi all.. if anyone has a CoughAssist going, I'd appreciate it if you could name a price. Apparently these machines are not standard treatment in the UK... the MND nurse wouldn't suggest me anything similar. thanks. x

Hi, I can't help, but know of some UK PALS who managed to obtain them. Others had to purchase them, mostly by doing some fundraising, as they are not cheap. Good luck, hope one turns up. It is bound to help your mum with secretions.

Hi,

I have a cough assist available. It was barely used. My daughter had MLD (Metachromatic Leukodystrophy) and has passed away.

It's in excellent shape. It does have some marks on it showing what levels her air flow was set at. (I will try to remove)

Not sure what to ask for it.

I can send photos.

Thanks

Judy

Hi,
Saw your ad for CoughAssist. I am a family member to a beloved person who has ALS/Bulbar on PEG feed tube because of all the weight loss in having difficulty swallowing and overflow of saliva. His cough is becoming unproductive due to loss of volume of air. Is the CoughAssist machine used to help produce a more productive cough? If is is still available, please let me know. Just now looking into suction equipment when your ad made me aware that a Cough-Assist machine might be more of what we need right now, but I do not know how it works/what it exactly does. I'm located in CA, USA. Thanks. -Cree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back