Diagnosis
08/2007
Country
US
State
Illinois
City
Chicago area
Hi everyone, I have another list of items free of charge for any PALS that may need them.

The shower/commode chair

Shower transfer bench

raised toliet seat with removeable arms

wood transfer board

gel mattress overlay for a hospital bed

the phone you gave us

a gait belt

hoyer lift sling

a dual support bar for the shower - it is adjustable for what angles you want it. - it is held on by suction cups that lock into place

2 hospital pillows - they are easily wiped clean

dorsal wrist orthosis with c clip - never used - clip gets heated to adjust for the idividual

some oxygen tubing

cpap/bipap tube

assorted oral care products

adjustable tray table - kind of like a cheap hospital bed table

God bless all.

Linda do you still have the adjustable tray table?

I sure do. If you PM me your address I will get it sent off to you right away!

Linda..do you still have the gel overlay for a hospital bed. Sounds interesting. I would be glad to pay the shipping.
Thanks,
Kelly

Hi Kelly
Yes, I still have it. It is a flotation gel overlay, about 3" thick and rather heavy, maybe 40 pounds or so. It has elastic straps on the bottom that you put under the regular mattress so it stays in place. My husband found it to be very comfortable. If it is something you can use, PM me your address and I'll get it sent out. Hopefully I have a box that will accommodate it. If not, I will find one. :smile:

Just an additional note to anyone interested in any of these items. It will be my honor to send them to you. I do not need you to pay for the shipping. When Lenny was ill, we received help from ALSA, Stu, my church, friends and even several strangers. It is my priviledge to give back a little bit and help some other PALS.

hi linda,
what do you still have available?
we are finding that by the time we get denied by insurance and start the fight for something we've pretty much moved on to needing the next thing, and we don't have an alsa chapter within 4 hours of us! it's starting to get ugly.
thanks,
nanette

Hi Nanette,
I don't think you have enough posts yet to PM me, but I'll contact JoelC and see if he will give you my email address or let you PM me. Most things are still available, but I need your address and don't want you to post it online. Watch for a message from Joel.

Linda

Hi linda,

It is nice to hear from you. I hope you and your daughter are doing OK.

Nanette70 you should be able to PM now.

AL.

Not until the morning.

Al, they have exchanged emails

Yes, I did forget to mention that here. Late ight work, guess I get forgetful. Old age setting in. lol.

AL.

Hi Linda, you dont know me this is my first time on this chat but my mom was diagnosed with ALS and is having a hard time being mobile. I love her so much this disease has been devasting to me. I need my mother and I want to do everything I can to keep her here that may be selfish of me but thats how I feel. I dont know what I need to do to get her the things that she needs Im hoping that someone will let me know that has experience with this disease. Please help! Also I would like to get the shower transfer bench if I could my if you could get me your email i will get my address to you. Thank you!

Hi Linda. This is my first time to post, but not new to the forum as I have been researching and learning as my husband's caregiver. We are now needing a more advanced shower/commode chair. If yours is still available, would you be willing to give me more info?
Thanks, Debbie

Hi Linda, I was wondering if you still have the gait belt. When you get a chance please let me know. Thank you Josie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back