Diagnosis
02/2008
Country
CA
State
Manitoba
City
Winnipeg
This is our solution to keep Rick's feet warm this winter inside and out! A regular closed shoe no longer works as his toes curl under and then you can't straigthen them out in a regular shoe. We don't have to worry about getting them wet as he no longer walks. We just needed something easy and warm for him!

Our daughter-in-law found these for Rick in the Sears Wish Book! We ordered them and wow.....our solution for a winter boot/slipper that can work for both!
The slipper/boot opens wide open from the top and is adjustable using the velcro flaps. Made out of a heavy felt and a firm sole. The adjustable flaps allow for changes during the day as the feet swell. What is so wonderful is that they are also a closed toe so now air gets in.

We purchased them in a larger size so we could add warmer socks for outdoor use when travelling. These would work great for lots of folks dealing with diabilities not just ALS. You don't have to worry about toes curling you just have to open the slipper wide open and place the foot straight down on the sole and then velcro close.
Sears Wish Book Catalogue
K. 'Doctor' closed-back slipper
Save: $5
Price: $44.99 Until Jan. 10
Item Number: 672 583 609 A
blackK-L MEN'S FOAMTREADS WOOL SLIPPERS wool uppers
self-adhesive strap for a snug fit
Nylex lining and padded insoles
rubber outsoles
We have a pic of the slippers on our blog if you want to check it out
Together Forever Look under October 20th entry

Welcome back, you two!

It's the little things in life- like finding shoes that fit & work - that can give us such pleasure & feelings of accomplishment! LOL They do look like they will do the trick!

So helpful guys. I missed you, so glad to see your helpful spirit back with us. I marvel at the two fo you. I think the world and back of you guys.

Thanks for the tip, Rick and Joan. My left big toe is starting to do the curl under thing when I try to put my boots and shoes on so I will be looking at these for in the house.

Great blog too, you two are such an inspiration to me and you're even TV stars now with your own reality show!

So glad that you are back, we have missed you.

Barry

I so much enjoyed your blog... You are an amazing couple and a great example.... I did have the tears start when going through the months of the progression. I feel so blessed also to have Richard as my best friend ,husband, and caregiver. He is making my journey much easier. Take care and I hope all went well with the surgery[peg] Hugs, Linda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back