Diagnosis
10/2003
Country
CA
State
On
City
NW of Toronto
A new member asked about an item so I thought this was worth posting again.

Sammons Preston

AL.

Al, thank you for this link!

Al, this is the company recommended to me by the clinic. I've ordered from them a few times, and the customer service is great.

I"ve used them a few times. They are in Canada and the US which is good.

AL.

Al , where did you get your hand braces ? I can seem to find them online. Mind you , the net is a big place.

Mine were made by my OT at the clinic at the hospital. Your CCAC should be able to hook you up.

AL.

Thanks for the link, Al.

Hello Al.
Al read with interest the Samson Preston catalogue. Do you or any other member of this blog know of a similar company in Australia that provides this equipment and has a catalogue to view.

Regards.

Garry Lee
Cowboys never quit we fight to the end. So watch out ALS.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know of a similar place in your neck of the woods. Have you asked them to ship to you ?

Earlier , I asked about a hand brace to keep my fingers from curling . My OT gave me a number for Sammons Preston. They were very helpful , and I have the brace I needed.

Glen

Thank you for the reply Glen.
I haven't as of yet contacted the company Glen, I thought that you, or maybe someone else reading this thread may know of a similar company in Australia. Especially any Australian readers of this thread.

Regards.
Garry Lee
Cowboys never quit we fight to the end. So watch out ALS.

Garry Lee,

The Motor Neuron Association of NSW has a huge amount of equipment that you can borrow for free if you join them (membership is free I think). THey don't have a catalogue as such, but I have visited their storage warehouse and it is packed to the rafters with equipment of all kinds.

They need an OT to see you, and to get an OT I think you need a referral from your neurologist. But once that process is in place you should be able to get any equipment you need for free.

sesl

Thank you for your reply Sesl.
I joined the association last June, when I was diagnosed on the advice of my neurologist in Tamworth. They have already supplied some equipment to me, the latest piece of equipment they have supplied was a four-wheel-drive, electric wheelchair, which is absolutely brand-new. This new chair gives me freedom to be able to go over the paddocks on my property. Seeing that I can no longer use my quad bike, this has been a real bonus, the first time I ventured down one of the paddocks my horse wonder what the hell was coming towards him.
I can no longer walk unaided due to the weakness of my right leg and have to use caliper type crutches, to walk. With the crutches, I was limited to the areas just around my home, because of the effort needed.
Again, thank you for sending this information to me.

Regards Garry Lee

So much for trying to help PALS and CALS. You take this censorship too far.

The site was wonderful, glad I bookmarked it for future use before it got the AXE. I have seen Sammons Prestons listed here, why not this site, or are there new rules? In fact they have a stripper pole I am going to order(I figure it will go good with the nurses uniform!) HUGS Lori

Sorry folks but there was an embedded email program in that link that would sell your name to spammers. I'm sure Joel had no idea when he posted it on his site.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back