Diagnosis
06/2005
Country
US
State
AL
City
gulf shores
You will have to travel to Gulf Shores, AL to get "Beach Power". I promise you, it will be worth the trip. Please cut & paste into your address bar:

www.beachpowerrentals.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that looks like fun. Are there any plans to sell them? They would be good for us that live rural and have large lawns or dirt roads.

AL.

Now, Al- wouldn't your wife consider that to be right up there with the riding lawnmower?

Maybe, but she lets me take my chair out on the grass but it's a pretty rough ride.

AL.

img2.jpg

This is what you want and they are for sale :twisted: TankChair

Now that is cool. Wonder if the ALS Society would fund that?

AL.

My hubby would love that gadget!

Are you Kidding?!? This is crazy...like pimp my wheelchair ride!

Beach Power

No, not kidding! Can you get to the beach with your own power? If you can't , but still have the desire, BeachPowerRentals can get you there. If you ever make it to Sweet Home Alabama, give us a call. :-?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is awesome. I had just made the comment to my wife today about maybe going to Gulf Shores, but I didn't think I would be able to with my scooter and the small tires. Thank you so much for posting this info.

We do what we can to help as many as we can. It seemed like a good idea to me.

AL.

Beachpower

Beachpower lives is Gulfshores Al, and has ALS. He invented this chair. I seen it on the news about a week ago. Pretty good in my opinion! Just got to get the Vent and Suction equipment attached for Tim!

By the way, Gulfshores is Beautiful!

Lorie

This is such a great idea. I really love it. This seems to be great fun for the people. For me personally the beach is always a very relaxing and calm place. I always enjoy staying there and it makes me happy that now it is also possible for people who are suffering ALS to stay there.

Are there *truly* accessible accomodations nearby in Gulf Shores? Meaning, roll in showers, spaces under beds for hoyers etc. How cool of a vacation that could be.

Pam & Andy:

Thanks for your interest. Are there any other requirements? We already know about the condos with wide doors, wide elevators, ramps and a smooth transition from the boardwalk/pier to the beach. We are researching the drive in shower & hoyer lift accessibility at the present time and will report our findings soon.

Beach Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back