10/2008
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Alexandria
Thanks AL for the new forum.

I see the posts about the gloves. I have an old pair of biker gloves that might get a retrofit.

Anyone have any ideas to keep your feet warm ?

My feet sweat a lot , so I prefer bare feet to changing socks every couple of hours.

Glen

Nobody has cold feet ?

... how about those little packets you shake or bend to activate? They stay warm for several hours. I use them and/or a hot water bottle in the sleeping bag when camping,

Glen, I used to warm my feet on my wife but she would beat me up so I can't do that anymore, Darn!

A while back rick/Wpg posted a link for some down booties that he bought (sorry I can't do italics on my Palmtop3):

"Am now in power wheelchair full time and arms starting to go. . I didn't use the afo's but did find that I needed REALLY light shoes. Last summer I became addicted to crocs...light and gave me enough support...I wore them till freeze up....then found these winter slip on boots from North Face.....they are good to -40(I tested them...not a problem here in Manitoba! They are VERY light as they were developed for mountain climbers to wear in camp and are waterproof as well. Only about 50 bucks too. I can highly recommend them to anyone in the northern half of the continent
Here is alink to them...trust it is ok for the link...

http://www.thenorthface.com/webapp/w...ariationId=87D

Rick"

Maybe this might be what you need?

Barry

Barry,

LMAO ... the link you posted is hilarious (or that lability stuff is kicking in) .

The 404 Goat is on a Rampage

The Page You Requested was Eaten

Goats do all sorts of nifty things to keep humans off the mountains, such as sabottaging your favorite gear and apparel website by eating our links and pages. These pages contain valuable information related to state-of-the-art gear, the very gear vital to an athlete's survival in the harshest of conditions.

Don't let the goats win, and report to our Web Administrator.

As I am still walking , the CROCs idea doesnt work for me , I just dont like em. I will keep looking.

I was thinking like a foot rest or something.

I find it more difficult to walk, my limited walking, in shoes, so I wear socks, but sometimes this can be slippery. In the UK they sell TOTES Toasties. They are a bit thicker and have little bits of plastic type stuff on then, which has a slight sticking effect, so they dont slip. I am a frequent visitor to Florida, having a home there, but I never had need to look for them there. Dont know if they are on sale in USA or Canada

Oops

Sorry Glen, the link worked when Rick first posted it but it must have since died. A lesson to me, check before you post. The goat is original though!

The one thing I've found that helps is to wear a pair of compression socks which I got at WalMart for about $5 with a pair of normal socks over top. The compression socks aren't overly thick so I can still get in my shoes. My feet especially my toes still get cold but this has helped.

Glen, my feet like to be free too, although they don't really sweat, and I wear fleece socks around the house to keep them warm. But, they prefer not to be enclosed, and I can relate to what you're wanting.

SO....... it sounds like you're going to have to invent a foot warmer/foot rest thing, and share it with us, or..... cave in to socks or boots. I too found the goat amusing, quite a surprise to have him pop up on my screen, However, I think I actually learned more about boots from Joel's site 8)

warm feet

my husband had cold feet these are some of the things we bought, battery socks put batteries in them would create heat, we also bought "below 0 socks, and at any health care store you can get slippers lined with fleeze etc., so kept feet toasty warm and they where large enough to wear socks in them.

Hey Barry and all...LOL....isn't that goat pic an innovative way to say there is a problem with their website!
Thanks Barry, for digging up the other link :)
These are great shoes. light,warm, and waterproof. Actually wore them ice fishing this winter and kept warm and toasty
Rick

Rick, doesn't the Peg have enough ice without having to fish for it?

Barry

Hey Barry
Yup...winters here are so long and boring that we actually fish for ice :)
in reality it has been a mean winter...we still have 3 feet of ice on the lakes and snow on the ground....rumor has it tho that our friends to the south are actually sending a bit of spring our way this week.
We come to Alberta in winter for the tropical weather :)
Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back