Diagnosis
01/2005
Country
US
State
OK
City
Tahlequah
As a person with ALS I know how difficult it is to deal with the loss of mobility and independence. You claw and fight to maintain every ounce of independence you you can get. From the day you KNOW that you need a walker to that dreadful day you become "wheelchair bound".

Because of a reluctance to ask for help you learn to do without rather than bother someone. After a very painful bout with kidney stones I learned from my doctor how important hydration is for PALS to maintaining good health.

I decided that some sort of drink holder was the solution to my problem. After searching high and low for a product that would work I finally found one. Like many products it was cheaply made with a plastic clamp and would not support even an 8oz drink. Nor was it long enough to be of much use.

In my case stubbornness was the mother of my inventiveness. I have developed (patent pending) after much trial and error a product made of ONLY the very highest quality components. The "Tentacle" will support up to 1.4 pounds on a 21 inch arm. The clamp is milled aluminum and will securely clamp on square or round tubing from .5" up to 2.5". The clamp is threaded to accept the arm and will support over 8lbs. The cup holder is made of aluminum ad securely holds an included cup. It can be mounted almost anywhere.

I am still in the early stages of marketing and is not yet for sale. The product will retail for $149.00 plus S+H. A bit pricey but I believe that "you get what you pay for and you pay for what you get. If I had to use cheaper components I would not sell it to the disabled.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Images here The "Tentacle" Drink Holder http://boblandstar.myphotoalbum.com...bum02&displayAlbumStyle=classic&currentItem=1

Interesting concept. Price is as bad as most mobility items but you probably won't be making hundreds of thousands of them so costs are higher. Does look like it would work well for PALS with limited movement.

AL.

I'd be interested .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back