Diagnosis
05/2017
Country
US
State
TX
City
Austin
My PALS has been using the Trilogy 24/7. As her face has lost muscle tone, leakage has become a major issue. Both due to noise and air blowing in her eyes. She has been using the ResMed F10 in XS and even with that we have had to modify the head gear for a tighter fit. Anyway, the problem with this and probably most masks is the silicone seal, once it leaks, it flaps creating so much noise.

Recently got an Air Touch mask and the memory foam seal works better at stopping leaks and when it leaks, noise is much less since there is nothing to flap around. It does work great at night. But so far it won't work during the day when she needs to wear glasses. The nose bridge is wider due to the width of the foam seal, too wide for her glasses to fit. Anyone have a solution or idea to solve this problem??

cpap dot com has free return insurance on most masks for trial purposes. You can filter their selection by "small size" and find FF and nasal masks. I believe nasal masks are always worth trying even if they failed once, as ALS progresses. She can even try pediatric sizes. I like the Circadiance nylon line and my husband wore glasses with his.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back