Old 07-12-2018, 11:07 PM #1 (permalink)

City: Glendale
State: CA
Diagnosed: 03/2017
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
SupportivePartner is on a distinguished road
City: Glendale
State: CA
Diagnosed: 03/2017
SupportivePartner is on a distinguished road
Default Ocean VIP Tilt Shower Chair/Commode Question

My husband and I recently renovated our bathroom and have the toilet set at 19 inches, which I think may be too low for him. We purchased the Ocean VIP Tilt shower chair and commode, and Iím wondering, do any of you have experience with it? Is it easy to use the toilet if you roll the chair over it, or is there spillage when one goes to the bathroom while using the chair over the toilet?
Old 07-12-2018, 11:18 PM #2 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

Forum Moderator

City: Seattle
State: WA
Diagnosed: 09/2009
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
lgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member

Forum Moderator

City: Seattle
State: WA
Diagnosed: 09/2009
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
lgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ocean VIP Tilt Shower Chair/Commode Question

I can't speak for that model, but conceptually, with everything the right height, at worst you should have some cleaning of the chair after, as you might expect. Gravity is gravity...
Old 07-19-2018, 06:50 PM #3 (permalink)

City: The coast of
State: OR
Diagnosed: 04/2015
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
notBrad is just really nicenotBrad is just really nicenotBrad is just really nicenotBrad is just really nice
City: The coast of
State: OR
Diagnosed: 04/2015
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
notBrad is just really nicenotBrad is just really nicenotBrad is just really nicenotBrad is just really nice

We got a 4 inch spacer to go under our bidet seat, works like a champ.If the chair can go over it that should take care of any " splatter" issues -

Last edited by notBrad : 07-19-2018 at 06:59 PM
Old 07-20-2018, 05:41 AM #4 (permalink)

City: Poquoson
State: VA
Diagnosed: 04/2014
JimInVA is a splendid one to beholdJimInVA is a splendid one to beholdJimInVA is a splendid one to beholdJimInVA is a splendid one to beholdJimInVA is a splendid one to beholdJimInVA is a splendid one to behold

City: Poquoson
State: VA
Diagnosed: 04/2014
JimInVA is a splendid one to beholdJimInVA is a splendid one to beholdJimInVA is a splendid one to beholdJimInVA is a splendid one to beholdJimInVA is a splendid one to beholdJimInVA is a splendid one to behold

We have that same chair and absolutely love it. Unfortunately, I can't help you with the toileting aspect of it as we only use it for showering. I'd have to use the hoyer and sling to get Darcey up and onto the Shower Chair, anyway. So instead of lowering her to the shower chair, disconnecting all straps, to then roll her into the bathroom and over the toilet... I simply pull her directly into the bathroom while hanging from the hoyer and gently lower her directly onto the toilet. For us, it is the easier and faster way.

It should be noted that the method described, above, is only for the upstairs bedroom process. Downstairs, during the day, the hoyer won't fit into the bathroom. As such, daytime toileting is accomplished by use of a portable commode.

My best...

Jim
Closed Thread

Tags
chair, shower, shower chair