Diagnosis
05/2017
Country
US
State
TX
City
Austin
While my work may have limited use for other PALS, hopefully someone will benefit. I purchased the specific RV with it's 8 x 12 ft garage for its adaptability. I removed the two queen beds, but kept the electric lift. In the first picture, I have installed a twin bed with electric leg and back lifts. The headboard/shelf includes a power strip and can hold the suction and cough assist machines. The bed is shown at its normal height, but it can be raised almost 6 ft to allow loading a heavy PWC via the ramp. Last month we were out in temps down to 16 degrees and a 1500 watt heater kept the room warmer than the rest of the RV.

This week I finished installing a Multi-Lift hoist. With a sling it will transfer my PALS in or out of the RV. From a wheelchair outside to the bed inside. It has a range of 6 ft and a lift range of about 5 ft. Lift capacity is 275 lbs. With a different attachment, it will also transfer the EZ Lite PWC, so I don't need to open the ramp (but it cannot lift a heavy PWC). The second picture shows the boom with articulation links. Battery is just to the right of the motor and good for about 30 cycles before needed recharging. Additional mounting points can be installed anywhere in the house or any vehicle for additional needs. My next location will be in our bedroom.

Pictures 3 and 4 show the range of height for the boom, inside and outside the RV. The boom easily moves thru the 24 inch wide door of the RV.

Attachments

• IMG_0688.jpg
    IMG_0688.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_0691.jpg
    IMG_0691.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_0694.jpg
    IMG_0694.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_0695.jpg
    IMG_0695.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 319
Thanks for posting this, Larry. I have been very interested in what you are doing to your trailer.

It looks like a great setup!

We just made reservations today for our fall trip to Yellowstone. I am excited, but concerned about dealing with the trailer. Seeing your modifications gives me inspiration.

Steve

Larry this is awesome. I’m excited for the trips you will still be able to take.

Hugs,

Sue

Larry,

I'm so happy you both can continue your adventures. Great job.

fantastic - I just love innovations :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back