09/2017
Country
US
State
Co
City
Fort collins
Hi all!
I am new to this forum and trying to assist my favorite uncle (newly diagnosed with ALS) with making the most of his progressive grip weakness. He is a lifelong golf and tennis player and coach and still coaches currently. While he is still in the early stages, he is becoming frustrated by the loss of grip strength in his hands and (mostly) thumbs and just wants to be able to play golf and tennis for as long as he is able. Is there anything out there that can help with this specific issue? Thanks in advance!

His adoring Niece

Hi Meg-

I am sorry to hear about your uncle. It's lovely that you are looking for solutions. There are a few different sites that can provide you with info on top of what advice you get here. I am positive people here can give you info and advice based on their experience.

There is an association in the US called the Disabled Sports Org. and they have some useful links specific to golf-

Golf Equipment - Disabled Sports USA

Their website is pretty comprehensive. And there is contact info if you'd like to speak to someone directly as well.

Thank you so much for the note. We are all heartbroken, but join in his desire to make the best of the time he's got. I so appreciate you sending this link! I gave it a quick glance and looks like a tremendous resource! I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my post and am going to start calling and compiling the options for him. :)

Many thanks,

Meg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back