Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Chicago
City
Illinois
Ever since I've had that experience in Tokyo, I've always wanted one. Simply because it makes everything easier when I have my 'toilet business'. My brother is diagnosed with ALS and he's on wheelchair ever since and I think this would make it easier for him as well. I came across this article "Best Bidet Toilet Seat Reviews 2017 - TOTO Washlet, SmartBidet" that ranks up the best bidet toilet seats but this is my first time so I want to make sure. Does anyone have one installed on their toilets?

Mod note: commercial link deleted. Search on title if curious.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Bio Bidet 2000. It's ok. At the risk of too much info, I think it would work better on a man. It does have a heated seat and warm water with a remote control and various settings.

I installed a Toto Washlet for Annie. It seemed to work well and she liked it. It has a heated seat and heated water with two selectable spray positions. We never had any problems with it. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one if I ever had need in the future. I don't know anything about other brands, although they might be just as good .

We have had bidet toilets since 2007 as husband has atrophied hand/arm. So we have had lots of experience with them. His favourite model was a top of the line Toto that had automatic flush, automatic seat up, etc. Very expensive but nice (I think around $1800). They may have discontinued the automatic flush model now. We moved and the buyer wanted that Toto so we let it go in the sale of the house. He put in a more modest Toto in the master bedroom, and downstairs powd
er room. I find that the power of the water to wash oneself with the Toto is not nearly as good as the much cheaper Brondell. We put a Brondell 1000 into another bathroom at a cost of about $600 is has very powerful spray for washing if you can't wipe with a hand. We did try a BioBidet but it had a defect and we had a lot of trouble with the manufacturer in getting a return of our money. We bought the Brondell from Costco which has great return policies and the Toto's are from a bathroom supplier and they have not been easy to deal with over little issues. The big issue with most of the bidets if you don't have strength in your hands, you will need a care giver to push the buttons for washing and drying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back