Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
US
State
South
City
The Beach
I buy LOTS of things through Amazon, Vital Choice (Seafood) and Organic Prairie (chicken, turkey, beef, pork, etc.) Fred does, too. He orders most of his clothes online.

Between UPS/FEDEX deliveries AND people coming over, the doorbell is ringing several times a day. Sometimes someone is there and other times we just have drops.

I would like to see who is at the door and if a package was left. I'd like a camera that I could view from my iPhone. There are so many out there. Some work with Alexa (which I have) and others work different ways. I'm usually very good with technology but I have so many other things on my plate that I was hoping some of you have one of these.

First, I have to talk to our manager to make sure we are allowed to put one on our door. Apparently, most of the decent ones are somehow hard wired to the doorbell so I plan on paying for installation.

Any experience or suggestions are appreciated.

Doorbell cameras may be an option. Many security companies have ones that work on your security dystem and mobile apps for viewing. We have vivint and these features are availanle. I can also lock and unlock doors from my phone. Vivint also offers medical emergency buttons.

My mom has one from Best Buy called Ring. She loves it. She gets sounds on her iphone that tell her when someone is at her door even when she is at my house 50 miles away. She can see who it is. Not sure how it looks up.

She can even talk to the person at the door with her iphone.

Mom says hers just works on batteries. My sister has the one that has power and works with the doorbell so I am assuming my sister's is hardwired.

Last edited:
I'll check that one out. Living in a condo, there are restrictions but, if necessary, I'll play the ADA card.

Kim, like you, I order many things thru Amazon and keep them busy. I have been looking into an entrance security camera, and this is one I like (but do not have, nor does anyone I know ...): "Ring Spotlight Cam Wired: Plugged-in HD security camera with built-in spotlights, two-way talk and a siren alarm, White". Type that in the search bar on Amazon. The thing I like about this is that if you have fakespot (dot com) analyze it, it gets excellent ratings. Some other Ring "doorbell" cameras that work with Alexa get very bad ratings on fakespot. (fakespot dot com) scans for fake reviews & can be installed as an extension on your computer.

Some "Blink" cameras get decent ratings.

Of the doorbell styles I have looked at "Satisure
Wifi Video Doorbell, with 1 plug-in Chime,Video Door Phone Intercom with HD 720P Camera, Working with IOS and Android Smart Phones and Tablets"
receives a good analysis on fakespot also.

I hope you get some opinions from people who have a system they like. It is confusing ....!

I ended up getting the Ring Pro hard wired to my doorbell. I also got the chime extender which supposedly boosts wifi and enables you to hear the bell. They both work great, so far. We just had fiber optics through AT&T as part of the condo package and everything seems to be working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back