Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
UK
State
London
City
London
Hi ChinMusic. I'm the developer of OptiKey and would be happy to answer questions if you want? Email me: [email protected]

To save yourself a lot (trust me) of time you could develop custom keyboards to control Roku/Kodi/whatever, and Hue/general home automation for OptiKey. This would allow you to leverage all the power that I (and the community of open source volunteers) have already built into OptiKey. If you don't want to use all the extra Windows control or speech aspects of OptiKey that's not a problem - you can change a setting and have OptiKey open just on your keyboard and keep the user there, either docked, floating, or full screen. Let me know if you would like to discuss. Also if this isn't a path you want to go down for whatever reason then that's no problem either.

In terms of the upcoming Windows integration of eye tracking tech; this is a collaboration with Tobii. I've spoken to them and my understanding is that they have enhanced the standard Windows on screen keyboard to support eye tracking. I believe it was done by the MSR Enable team, so this is probably the source code: https://github.com/MSREnable/Hands-Free-Keyboard/. I don't think it will offer any mouse control, and it only supports English for now. The tracker itself is (I believe) the Tobii 4C.

All the best,
Julius

Since this thread could take a commercial tone, I'm putting it here in Tips and Tricks.

Mike could you please cross reference from the original post so that the thread's op can see my reply?

Indeed, I messaged both of you and placed a note on the old thread. He might be asleep!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back