Diagnosis
03/2017
Country
US
State
TN
City
Nashville
Any tips or tricks to help turn (or move) independently in bed? I can still do it but it's getting so very hard now. I sleep on my stomach, which I know is terrible, but I can't sleep any other way. You know that smushed bug on the grill of your car (SPLAT!)? That's how I sleep! :razz:

I was thinking about trying something like this. Does anyone have any experience with this type of sheet for ALS? I'm wondering if it would help me be able to roll over on my own.

" one smart sheet" on Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at handles, trapezes, ropes that you tie to the frame or rail, or anchor under the mattress. An exercise band with handles might be all you need for now.

Last edited:
My PALS stopped using a top sheet. It gets too easily tangled making it difficult for him to turn. He uses 2 light weight blankets. The blankets are easier to manage.

I wiggle like a seal but it's hard and wears me out. As of late I have been calling for cals to come in flip covers roll me one way or other then cover back up. At least three times a night . I have baby monitor to call cals. I hate going to bed and wait till the last minute and get up early. I am such a problem child. Haha. Good luck. Chally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back